Monday, March 5, 2012

Public Library : Beyond Books

One thing that has been such a blessing about the county I moved to in Kentucky is the library.  It has been so much fun to borrow both new and older movies to watch when we need something new.  Some of the things my husband and I have watched is all the superhero movies leading up to The Avengers coming out this summer.  I'm normally not a big movie person, but its becoming a fun, mostly free (gas is what makes it cost something and its close so thats not much) thing to do together at home.  For the most part I'm enjoying the classic action movies that I have not previously seen like the Die Hard movies.  I don't know though how anyone survived 80's/early 90's hearing so much bad language in one movie and it be normal.  Seriously, I don't think I've heard so much bad language in my life as I have in Die Hard and The Terminator.  The Terminator....yeah, lets just say I can normally handle a bit of blood and death in movies as I get it adds to the emotion, action, and adrenaline of it all, but by the end of that movie I was so ready for something happy to happen.  I really liked the story, but it got a little heavy for me.

Yes, I have borrowed some happy "girly" movies from there.   Its also always fun to get kid's movies that I may not have wanted to buy a movie ticket for, but I would not mind seeing.

We are currently borrowing our fair share of books as well.  I'm having a hard time getting back into reading a bunch.  I use to read all the time in middle and high school, but college seemed to burn me out to the point where its a struggle for a book to keep my attention.  I do read the book and all for the small group I am in, but that is currently it.  Maybe my road trip in a couple weeks would be a good time to try and get a couple more chapters read in a book I am currently working on finishing.

Its also been a blessing that the county I live in has reciprocal agreements with neighboring counties so we can get items that our county does not have.  It takes a bit more of a drive, but the option is nice.

Tonight we watched Mission Impossible 1 and 2 after I checked them out from the library this afternoon.

~Amy

1 comment:

  1. The library is nice. We like that we can request all things online. We have watched many movies for free as well. We can request from most any library in our valley and have them dropped off at the local library where we can pick them up.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete