Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Morning Date

On Tuesdays for the past several weeks my husband has needed to work late.  On one hand it is sad not having him home for dinner, but it also means he does not go into work until after 10am.  It was so nice to have a morning with him.  We've been working on a budget together the past couple days to help us both know where money is going and where we want it to go.  It really is nice to have clearly defined boundaries to spend within so as long as we stay within it I have no fear of if we will have enough at the end of the month.  Due to all this and dinners out being so expensive we never go out to eat on a date unless someone has given us a gift card.  




This morning though after my husband was kind enough to go with me to Remke (local grocery store) to pick up some frozen vegetables on sale he took me out to eat for a breakfast date to Panera for bagels.  He got a cinnamon rasin swirl with plain cream cheese and I got the whole grain with honey walnut (their cream cheese is so good and soft).  It was so nice to just be able to sit together and relax for a couple minutes sharing and enjoying a meal that did not have to be thought of, prepared, and cleaned up at home.  

I am very thankful for the thoughtful husband God has given to me.     

  

2 comments:

  1. What a fun date. I saw Matt's post about the veggies. That is a good deal. Harold and I will sometimes do breakfast dates. They are usually a lot less expensive.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice time with your hubby. :) I love Panera but there is not one close by us. It is about an hour away. Eating out is expensive but sometimes it is a nice treat. Enjoy your day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete