Saturday, February 25, 2012

$20 a Week

Well, I guess I should start out by saying what I call a food budget, cause as I've seen online a weekly budget for food can run anywhere up to $125 a week.  Yeah, lets just say my budget is nowhere near that.  Starting this year my budget has been $20 a week with an extra $20 a month if I really need it for something like stocking up on meat cause its on sale and I just don't have the funds yet.  This is not money I always spend though.  Its only an emergency fund.  So far it's gona really well and I've been able to make some really great meals for 2 (plus hopefully leftovers) on this budget.  In the future I hope to keep track of some of projects and recipes I make for future reference.  So far its not been easy, but I'm trying to make due with what funds I am currently provided.

So, here is to the beginning of my journey being frugal and having fun being a housewife.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing a great job. We do $88.00 a week, but we have 3 more to feed than you do. I remember only having that much or less when we first moved to Idaho. It can be challenging, but you can also be creative.

    I hope that you will post recipes also. I look forward to reading your blog. Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is incredible. I'm glad Cheryl told me about your blog. I can't wait to see all of your recipes and ideas. There are 6 soon to be 7 of us but if you are only spending $20.00 that is amazing. I think you should post your grocery list and your menu too.:0)Have a great week.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete